North Florida Cosmetology Institute only admits students who have completed a personal interview. To schedule an interview with our admissions office, please call 850.878.5269.
North Florida Cosmetology Institute Catalog V52
* Initial State licensing fee are included in your tuition.(Effective March 1, 2021)
If you have any questions, please call FAFSA at 1.800.4. FED.AID or call our Financial Aid Office at 850.219.9222.
The school will accept a transferring student, provided that the following steps are completed:
- A personal interview (required)
- A student must have a High School Diploma/GED
- If the student was terminated from the previous institution due to the use of drugs, alcohol, and/or unprofessional behavior, acceptance may not be permitted.
- Credit will be given for the number of hours a student earned at the previous institution and tuition will be adjusted accordingly. Provided that an official affidavit of hours is received from the previous Cosmetology School.
- The Institute does not recruit students already attending or admitted to another school offering a similar program of study.
- Transfer students must complete a minimum of 300 hours at North Florida Cosmetology Institute.
In order to complete a FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) use the North Florida Cosmetology Institute school code: 035573.
We provide certain financing options and assistance below. See our Financial Aid page for more information and helpful resources:
- North Florida Cosmetology Institute offers in-house payment options (interest-free) as long as certain conditions are met. Financial plans include weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly payment plans are available. Plans vary based on deposit amount at time of enrollment to our school, and agreed upon payment scheduling options.
- North Florida Cosmetology Institute offers V.A. (Veterans) assistance for those who qualify.
- North Florida Cosmetology Institute also offers vocational rehabilitation assistance for those who qualify.
- North Florida Cosmetology Institute offers financial aid through Pell Grant and Stafford Loans for qualifying students.
- North Florida Cosmetology Institute accepts the Florida Prepaid and 529 plan.
The admissions office is open Tuesday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. Please call 850.878.5269 to schedule an interview or speak to our admissions staff. If a weekday appointment is not possible, Saturday or evening interviews may be arranged by appointment through the admissions staff.
The school does not offer G.E.D. programs. However, G.E.D. programs are taught in the community. For more information, contact our Director of Education.
North Florida Cosmetology Institute does not accept A.T.B. (ability to benefit) students.
What potential students should have completed before coming to register:
- Social Security Number/Card
- Drivers License or State issued ID card
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completed a FAFSA for the school year the student is entering (if classes roll over into another school year, then student must complete FAFSA for that year as well)
"The School is Professional"
I enjoy the energy of the staff of this cosmetology and barbering school. The school is professional and students seem to be advanced in their skill trait upon graduation. I recommend to anyone who is looking to advance their life and start a beauty career.
"Would Highly Recommend"
This family-owned School has licensed more barbers and beauticians than I can count. And they still offer lower tuition fees (and fewer hours) than the franchise schools in town. Locally owned since the 90's, I would highly recommend!
"The price is unbeatable"
I had a great experience here. The student I had was professional and friendly. She was knowledgeable and her supervisor was fantastic as well double checking that everything looked good. Would recommend, and will be going back for another haircut! The price is unbeatable and less then a salon even if you leave a significant tip!
Ready for a Great Learning Experience?
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the Cosmetology or Barber profession, our services, the school or any related matter.
Call us at 850.878.5269, or email us directly by filling out the form to the right.